September 16, 2008

Boise in da house!

We are SO grateful to Mike and Casey for taking their time to come and work so hard on our house! We are equally grateful to the Ashlee and Hanna for taking on the extra burden of being single moms for a while so that Mike and Casey could come and help us. Thank you so much to all of you!


Mike and Casey arrived Wednesday night and Thursday morning they started working. While the boys were at school Katie, Mike, and Casey went to Lowe's and loaded up on so many supplies that they could barely get them all to fit inside our minivan. (See the picture of Casey for full appreciation.)

Mike and Casey put up insulation, drywall, carpet, and lighting fixtures in three bonus rooms that we have. We have been struggling with finding room to put all of our stuff now that we're in a smaller house and having these three rooms finished has made a HUGE difference in our ability to get settled and organized, (and you know how Katie loves to be organized.)

The three rooms took (I'm guessing) most of their time while they were here, but Mike and Casey also hung mirrors (see photo of Mike on the ledge,) switched out lighting fixtures, moved furniture, installed sliding racks in our kitchen cabinets (which gave us a lot of needed space,) hung pictures, installed towel racks, hooks, and shelves, and even managed to spend enough time playing with Colin and Spencer to achieve hero status. I'm incredibly impressed at their ability to work hard. They put in 16-hour days almost every day they were here.


We did manage to take a break or two. Friday night we went to eat and went to check out the "Border Bash", which is like a cross between a fair and a pep rally. It's held every year on the night before the Georgia - South Carolina football game, and it ends up being something like the most-attended event in downtown Augusta every year. It's pretty impressive to see the passion of the fans.

Saturday we were treated by Lynnett (thank you Lynnett!) to a wonderful dinner which really hit the spot after a few days of really hard work.


Thanks again to Mike, Ashlee, Casey, and Hanna! We are so grateful for your help.

5 comments:

The Stones said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to see pix of the house. Mike says it's gorgeous and that Katie is truly talented. I wish I had an Eye for decorating.

The Stones said...

Thanks for the kind words and the expressed appreciation. Let it be known the Harts were gracious hosts and took great care of us.They made sure we were well fed and had lots of goodies on hand to make us happy. It was fun to see into their Georgian lives and to gain an appreciation for it. We worked hard, but in truth, it was labors of love, as I knew they really did appreciate it. And my only moments of frustration were from the effin' heat! It was sticky hot. And the missed flight(Stupid Casey and Colin had to poop). So thanks to you guys for the free trip and all of the diners, lunches, shirts, etc... Love Ya, Stone

. said...

Wow it looks like Katie is using her touch. I keep hearing about this wonderful heat. I'm excited to visit you guys when it's not summer. Do more blog updates and I will post more comments. I do check it often. Love, Jordy

Amber said...

Can those guys come over to my house? Even just one sixteen hour day would be awesome. How lucky for you guys.

lynnett said...

This is from Vicki, Mike's mom. Katie, your picture is beautiful. ..Shane, you are SO funny, and your boys are darling, and your house looks pretty and I'm glad Mike and Casey could help make it fun for you. Love to you and yours....Vicki